Leadership 4.0 Masterclass - Leading in VUCA & Industry 4.0
Developing Future Leaders for Success in a highly Disruptive, increasingly Digital and VUCA-driven Era of Industry 4.0.
1,077 students enrolled
Created by Professor Sattar Bawany
What you'll learn
- What is the context for leaders in today’s Digital and VUCA-driven business environment of the Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0)?
- How to resolve the managerial leadership challenges in this new environment?
- What are the elements of Cognitive Readiness Competencies?
- Why are Emotional & Social Intelligence Competencies key drivers for success?
- How to achieve sustainable organisational results during these turbulent times?
- What is required to transform to be a ‘High-Performance Organisation’ (HPO)?
- How to transform your NextGen leaders to succeed in the VUCA world?
- How to deliver effective feedback and coach the team to success?
- How to build and engage a successful high-performance team?
- What is the role of leaders to build a robust talent & leadership pipeline?
- You should be in a Supervisory / Management / Leadership role within a Corporation, Institution or other Organisation in any Industry or Occupation
“There are two things we can say with certainty about the future: it will be different, and it will surprise. Now, more than ever, leaders have to navigate unfamiliar, challenging times, a quickening pace of change, increasing expectations, and a rising tide of rapidly-evolving conditions. This new and different environment (VUCA) is challenging leaders to find new ways to lead their organisations and achieve sustained success. As a result of these circumstances, there is a thirst for leadership, yet leaders face a whirlwind environment laden with remarkable opportunities and daunting challenges through which to lead their people and organisations.
The Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0) represents a combination of Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Cyber-Physical Systems and the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Leadership 4.0 is about leaders creating their own digital transformation strategy and ensuring that it is aligned with the business and growth plans of their business. This is achieved by demonstrating effectively the suite of nextgen leadership competencies which include critical thinking, innovative thinking along with emotional and social intelligence skills such as empathy and relationship management."