Certified Bookkeeper / get ed2go coupon codeAccreditation. The Certified Public Bookkeeper (CPB) license is accredited by the National Association of Certified Public Bookkeepers (NACPB). The license is ...
Certified Bookkeepers are the elite of their profession, much like CPAs are the best in the accounting field. For bookkeepers, gaining industry-recognized certification increases your earning potential and enhances your professional status.
From bank reconciliation to inventory methods, this online course will prepare eligible bookkeepers for the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB) certification exam. Gaining AIPB certification is the highest standard in the profession, so this course is recommended to practicing bookkeepers with several years of experience and a working knowledge of payroll concepts, including accounting transactions and journal entries.
The Certified Bookkeeper course includes a prepaid voucher with enrollment that provides access to sit for the AIPB certification exam. Once you have successfully completed the course, you will receive detailed instructions regarding use of the exam voucher at any Prometric Test Center.
What You Will Learn
- Eligibility requirements, code of ethics, and maintenance requirements.
- How to apply the concepts of accrual accounting to transactions that span fiscal periods and trace the effect of accrual and deferral transactions.
- Adjustment of entries.
- Identification and correction of accounting errors and reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Book and tax depreciation, including various methods of calculating depreciation for book and tax purposes.
- Basic payroll, from paying wages to depositing and reporting taxes.
- How to value inventory, record costs, make entries, and report inventory on financial statements.
- How to use basic internal controls to prevent theft, embezzlement, or check and credit card fraud by employees, customers, or vendors.