Introduction to Google Analytics
Introduction to Google Analytics / get ed2go course codeGoogle Analytics is a free web analytics service which provides you with tools for measuring the success of your website or blogs with respect to marketing, content optimization, or e-commerce. Google Analytics originated from a web analytics firm called Urchin which was acquired by Google
No matter what brings you to the Web, your hope is that a lot of people see your website, your wall, your tweets, and your videos. In this course, you will learn to use Google Analytics to make the most of your online traffic. You will see how you can track not just the to all of your online content, but also determine which content is the most appealing, where your visitors came from, what devices they used, how long they stayed, which links they clicked, and where they went when they left.
This course guides you step-by-step, report-by-report, through the major parts of the Google Analytics interface. From setting up your Google Analytics account and getting the all-important code you will need to add to your web pages to begin tracking your visitors, you will learn everything you need to know to get everything you can from the data that Google Analytics provides. You will even find out about Google AdWords and other tools to enhance your traffic as well as your Google Analytics reporting.
What You Will Learn
- Learn what Google Analytics is, what it does, and who benefits from its use
- Learn to set up your account, create your Analytics code, and insert it into a Web page
- Discover how to set rages, customize graphs and charts, and use filtering and sorting to control your Google Analytics data
- Learn to add filters to and existing report, to user-created reports, and run reports with custom filters
- Learn what Google Analytics Goals are and how they work; set them up and establish their values; and monitor and report Goals
- Discover how to access and manage Google Analytics accounts, properties, and views
- Learn to email Google Analytics reports, export Web traffic data, and customize settings to control data sharing