Model, Simulate and Control a Drone in MATLAB & SIMULINK
Link : Model, Simulate and Control a Drone in MATLAB & SIMULINK
Simulate a DJI Mavic Pro in Matlab & SIMULINK and design your own PID controllers for altitude and attitude control. 4.1 (204 ratings) Course Ratings are calculated from individual students’ ratings and a variety of other signals, like age of rating and reliability, to ensure that they reflect ...
by Eliott Wertheimer
What you'll learn
- Understand the functioning and physics behind drones' battery systems.
- Approximate the performance of any DC motor or propeller from empirical data mathematically.
- Understand and harness the Physics of a Drone.
- Convert physical motion (throttle, roll, pitch, yaw) to voltage signals.
- Derive, understand and model the rotational dynamics of a drone (pitch, roll and yaw motion).
- Derive, understand and model the linear dynamics of a drone (3D linear acceleration, velocity and position).
- Implement mathematical functions in Matlab and Simulink.
- Create and test an engineering model in Simulink.
- Design, tune and implement automated PID algorithms (altitude control and rotational dynamics).
- Use and understand common Simulink blocks.
One of the only comprehensive, detailed and approachable online courses taking you from the mathematical modelling of a quadcopter drone to MATLAB/SIMULINK implementation and PID control design.
Today, drones are everywhere, from ultra high tech military devices to toys for kids going through advanced flying cameras and much more. How do such "apparently" simple machines achieve such precise and impressive flights in varying unstable and unpredictable environmental conditions.
This course gives you the opportunity to learn and do the following:
- Understand and harness the Physics behind a Quadcopter Drone.
- Establish and approximate the Physics of DC motors and propellers from experimental data.
- Derive the mathematical equations behind the rotational and linear dynamics of a drone.
- Implement them in engineering model in MATLAB & SIMULINK using blocks, MATLAB functions, etc.
- Test and fit your model to relevant real life performance and inputs.
- Implement, test and tune PID controllers adapted to your requirements in order to control the output of your system, in this case the altitude, position and attitude of your drone.