Feature Engineering and Dimensionality Reduction
Udemy course Feature Engineering and Dimensionality Reduction
Feature Selection vs Dimensionality ReductionWhile both methods are used for reducing the number of features in a dataset, there is an important difference. Feature selection is simply selecting and excluding given features without changing them. Dimensionality reduction transforms features into a lower dimension | NED
What you'll learn
- The importance of Feature Engineering and Dimensionality Reduction in Data Science.
- The mathematical foundations for Feature Engineering and Dimensionality Reduction Theory.
- The important concepts from absolute beginning with comprehensive unfolding with examples in Python.
- Practical explanation and live coding with Python.
- Relationship of Feature Engineering and Dimensionality Reduction with modern Machine Learning.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is indispensable these days. From preventing white-collar fraud, real-time aberration detection to forecasting customer churn, businesses are finding new ways to apply machine learning (ML). But how does this technology make accurate predictions? What is the secret behind the fail-proof AI magic? Let us start at the beginning.
The focus of the data science community is usually on algorithm selection and model training. While these elements are important, the most vital element in the AI/ML workflow isn’t how you choose or tune algorithms but what you input to AI/ML. This is where Feature Engineering plays a crucial role. Feature Engineering is essentially the process in which you apply domain knowledge and draw out analytical representations from raw data, preparing it for machine learning. Evidently, the holy grail of data science is Feature Engineering.
So, understanding the concepts of Feature Engineering and Dimensionality Reduction are the basic requirements for optimizing the performance of most of the machine learning models. Sophisticated and flexible models are sometimes useless if applied to data with irrelevant features.
The course Introduction to Feature Engineering and Dimensionality Reduction, Theory and Practice in Python has been crafted to reflect the in-demand skills today, helping you to understand the concepts and methodology with respect to Python. The course is:
- · Easy to understand.
- · Imaginative and descriptive.
- · Exhaustive.
- · Practical with live coding.
- · Establishes links between Feature Engineering and performance of Data Science models.